The Culinary Federation of Fiji, in conjunction with the Fiji Hotels and Tourism Association, is proud to announce a new culinary event at this year’s HOTEC trade show on November 7th & 8th, 2019 at Sheraton Fiji.
Demonstrate that a dish is not just how it tastes – you should be able to see, hear, smell and touch food as well to make it a truly gastronomic experience.
Prize by Culinary Federation of Fiji:
- 2019 Culinary Master of the Year Trophy
- $2,000 Cash & other prizes
- The mystery box ingredients must be the hero of the dish, which can be an appetizer or main course
- Competitors must bring their own knives and any specialized tools to accentuate their dishes – but no food ingredients.
- There will be 6 x 1hr rounds each day beginning at 8 am. On the final day, the two top-scoring chefs will be invited back to battle it out in a grand finale with the hardest mystery box ingredients.
- Two chefs will be selected to compete in each round, and have one hour to present a completed dish.
- In the following round, another two chefs will compete but with different mystery ingredients.
- Experienced chefs who have reached a level of skill to be considered a master in their kitchen
- Deep understanding of Fijian gastronomy and the different uses of our most exotic produce
- Executive chefs or sous chefs, and chefs who have successfully competed and won medals at the annual Salon Culinaire.
- Only 12 chefs will be selected based on experience and accolades.
Culinary Masters Challenge 2019 Application Form is only available to CFF Members who are currently logged into our member’s network. Our quick online registration is a requirement to apply and participate in the above competition.
Entries close on 1st November 2019.
Entry details can be viewed HERE