Skip to content
FHTA Corporate Profile
- To protect, promote and develop the interests of the hospitality industry and the people within the industry through the establishment of standards, adequate training and recommending appropriate legislation and to promote good relations with all stakeholders in the industry.
- · To secure for the members all the advantages of lawful unanimity of action.
- To further protect, encourage and promote by any lawful means the interests of members in the business of hospitality and kindred businesses within the general ambit of the tourism industry
- To maintain and promote standards within the tourism industry by encouraging reliability and honest dealing and discouraging unfair practices.
- To improve the service rendered to the public by members of the Association by offering constructive suggestions and disseminating information amongst its members.
- To promote the increase of tourism earnings by advertising and marketing generally.
- To act as a non-political agency in making recommendations to any public body regarding legislation on interest to the hotel business and tourism industry in general.
- To promote the existence of good industrial relations within the industry and provide support with regard to industrial relations issues.
- To promote the development of employees within the industry and develop proper training of staff.
- To encourage the use of local goods and services and foster support industries.
- To promote good relations with all stakeholders in the industry including the local communities and resource owning communities.
- Establishing a Framework
- Establish a framework that enables the FHTA to carry out its activities effectively and efficiently.
- Committee Coordination
- Establish and coordinate Board committees.
- Establish and coordinate Regional Committees.
- Efficient Secretariat Operations
- Establish and ensure efficient operation of the Secretariat.
- Representation on National Boards and Committees
- Establish relevant representation on national Boards and Committees.
- Data Collection and Publication
- Collect and collate hotel industry data and publish such information for the benefit of members.
- Collating of hotel occupancy data monthly.
- Collating of essential information as required.
- Information Dissemination
- Obtain and disseminate to members and public topical and important information.
- Newsletter to members.
- Regular information to members.
- Positive media.
- Provide positive and timely press releases to media to educate and inform the public and maintain a good relationship with media bodies.
- New releases to media.
- Marketing and Promotion
- To be proactive in the successful marketing and promotion of destination Fiji.
- Working closely with industry partners, Tourism Fiji, Ministry of Tourism and other Government departments.
- Member Coordination
- Coordinate meetings amongst members.
- Policy Review and Evaluation
- Review and evaluate existing and new policies of Government at the national and local level that directly or indirectly affect the hotel and tourism industry.
- Timely access to relevant information from Government bodies.
- Increase involvement with Resource Owners and their representatives.
- Meetings with resource owners.
- Meetings with resource owners’ representatives.
- Employee Development and Industrial Relations
- Develop and maintain a skilled workforce through training and education programs that meet member needs, both locally and internationally.
- Foster positive industrial relations by establishing and maintaining good relationships with unions, providing support in dispute resolution and interpreting collective agreements and other relevant legislation.
- Regularly review and evaluate job positions and participate in negotiations for members’ rights and entitlements.
- Improve financial stability through income-generating projects and membership growth, including discounts for members.
- Maintain and promote standards within the industry through a code of ethics, policing, and advice.
- Preserve and promote local culture and customs in various areas of operation.
- Collect and collate hotel industry data, provide relevant representation on national boards and committees, and market and promote destination Fiji in collaboration with industry partners and government departments.
- To carry out other roles as decided by the Board of Directors from time to time.