Special Weather Bulletin Number Seventeen For Heavy Rain Issued From RSMC Nadi At Midday On Thursday 15th December 2016
Heavy Rain Warning
A Heavy Rain Warning Remains In Force For The Whole Of Fiji.
Tropical Depression Td04f Centre [1002hpa] Was Located Near 15.0 South And 174.8 East Or About 350km West-Northwest Of Yasawa -i-rara Or About 420km Northwest of Nadi At 10am This Morning. Position Poor. Td04f Remains Slow Moving.
Associated Trough Of Low Pressure And Active Rain Bands Continues To Affect The Country.It Is Expected To Gradually Move Southeast Towards the Fiji Group From Later Today. Td04f Has Moderate To High Chance Of Developing Into A Tropical Cyclone In The Next 24 To 36 Hours.
For The Whole Of Fiji:
- Periods Of Rain, Heavy At Times And Squally Thunderstorms Over Most Places.
- Localised Heavy Rain Will Lead To Flash Flooding.
The Next Special Weather Bulletin On Heavy Rain Will Be Issued At 3pm Today Or Earlier.
Special Weather Bulletin Number Four For Flood Issued From RSMC Nadi At 1.30pm On Thursday The 15th Of December 2016
- A Flood Warning Is Now In Force For The Low Lying Areas And The Downstream Of Waimanu Station.
- A Flood Warning Is Now In Force For The Low Lying Areas And Small Streams For The Whole Of Fiji.
A Flood Alert Remains In Force For The Low Lying Areas And Small Streams Adjacent To:Major Rivers For The Whole Of Fiji; Rakiraki Town And Downstream Of Rakiraki Station;
- Level At Waimanu Station Was 5.42m At 1.30pm Which Is 0.42m Above Warning Level.
- Level At Rakiraki Station Was 1.88m At 1.30pm Which Is 0.38m Above Alert Level.
A Heavy Rain Warning Remains In Force For The Whole Of fiji.
- Time Height
- High Tide: 19:05pm 2.36m
- Low Tide: 01.36am 0.19m
For More Information Please Refer ToHttp://Www.Met.Gov.Fj/
The Next Special Weather Bulletin Will Be Issued At Or Around 4.30pm.