The Fiji National Provident Fund is aware of social responsibilities and in partnership with the Fijian Government, has put implemented relief packages to assist its members and employers during this time or hardship.
Source: Fiji National Provident Fund
The following are the current phases of withdrawal scheme (latest to oldest):
Employers Relief Assistance
The following COVID-19 relief measures have been activated by the Fiji National Provident Fund to assist Employers during these challenging times.
These measures are effective from 1 January 2020 to 30 June 2021.
Phase 4 (Government Top Up NOT Applicable)
Members who are unemployed from 1 October 2017 to 30 September 2019 can apply for Phase 4 from 31 August 2020.
The member must have a minimum General Account balance of $135 and must be between 18 to 54 years old. Members must apply on myFNPF app.
The maximum amount allowed for withdrawal is between $100 to $1,100 depending on your General Account balance. Application processing will take up to 5 working days from the date of submission.
Phase 3 (Government Top Up is applicable)
Members who are on reduced hours and reduced wage rate can apply for Phase 3 withdrawal through their employer from 10 August 2020.
Members who have insufficient General Account balance will receive Government Top Up.
Reduced Hours – applies to members who are on reduced working hours/day per week due to the economic impact of COVID-19. You will receive $22 for every day you are not working up to 4 days per week. Fortnightly payments starting from 25 August until 20 October 2020.
Reduced Wage Rate – applies to members who are on reduced wage/salary rates per hour due to the economic impact of COVID-19. You will receive $550 or $1,100 depending on the reduction of your wage rate (Lump sum payment) on the specified payment dates as per the payment schedule.
Phase 3 Round 2
FNPF members who are on reduced hours and reduced wage rate can apply for Phase 3 Round 2 from 21 October 2020.
Government top is applicable in Phase 3 for members who have insufficient General Account balance.
Phase 2 is in three categories.
- Category 1 (Government Top Up is applicable) – members who withdrew in the first phase of COVID-19 Withdrawal & have exhausted their FNPF General Account (GA) balance will receive $220 from the Government as first installment by 29 May 2020. This does not include those that applied under SME and Taxi drivers in Phase 1.
- Category 2 (Government Top Up is applicable) – members who withdrew in the first phase of COVID-19 Withdrawal and are now/still unemployed, can apply for $1,100 from your General Account. Payment in five instalments of $220 per fortnight. This is effective from 9 June 2020.
- Category 3 (Government Top Up is applicable) – members who did not apply for the first COVID-19 Withdrawal and have become unemployed, can apply for lump sum of $1,100 from your General Account. This is effective from 9 June 2020.
Note: Phase 2 withdrawal closed on 14 August 2020.
Phase 2 Round 2 (Government Top Up is applicable)
Members can apply for Phase 2 Round 2 from 24 August 2020 if they:
- • withdrew in Phase 2 (Round 1) and are still unemployed or on leave without pay.
- • are applying for the first time & have been Unemployed from 1 October 2019 or have just become Unemployed or are on Leave without pay
Members must apply on myFNPF app or through their employer.
The maximum withdrawal amount is $1,100 per member from their General Account (GA). Payment will be in five instalments of $220 per fortnight as per the payment schedule.
Government will top up to the maximum amount for members with insufficient General Account.
Phase 2 Round 3
Members who have been Unemployed from 1 October 2019 or have just become Unemployed or are on Leave without pay can apply for Phase 2 Round 3 from 28 October 2020.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Members who withdrew in Phase 2 Round 2 and indicated that they agree to be continually assisted for COVID-19 withdrawal; will be automatically re-registered for Phase 2 Round 3.
Phase 1 is in two categories.
- Category 1 (Government Top Up is applicable) – employees who work in the Tourism Sector ($1,000) and those affected due to physical distancing issues or work within the lock-down zone nation wide ($500). Employees who have had reduced working hours; been sent on leave without pay; reduced wage rate or salary; terminated or permanently laid off can apply for either $1,000 or $500 withdrawal.
- Category 2 (Government Top Up NOT applicable) – covers taxi, mini van or hire drivers, small enterprise owners and employees who have resigned, been terminated, non-renewal of contract, laid off or seasonal workers in the last 6 months can withdraw up to $1000 from their General Account depending on their eligibility.
Note: Phase 1 withdrawal closed on 29 May 2020.