The Australian Trade and Investment Commission–Austrade–contributes to Australia’s economic prosperity by helping Australian businesses, education institutions, tourism operators, governments and citizens as they:
- develop international markets and promote international education
- win productive foreign direct investment
- strengthen Australia’s tourism industry
- seek consular and passport services.
Austrade achieves this by generating market information and insight, promoting Australian capabilities, developing policy, making connections through an extensive global network of contacts, leveraging the badge of government offshore and providing quality advice and services.
Austrade aims to create value for businesses and institutions, in a way that represents a good investment for the taxpayer and meets or exceeds all appropriate standards of ethical behaviour.
Austrade’s role is to advance Australia’s international trade and education, investment, and tourism interests by providing information, advice and services.
- Helps Australian companies to grow their business in international markets, including through administration of the Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) scheme and the TradeStart programme, and promotes the Australian education and training sector in international markets.
- Provides coordinated government assistance to promote, attract and facilitate productive foreign direct investment (FDI) into Australia.
- Provides advice to the Australian Government on its trade, tourism, international education and training, and investment policy agenda.
- Develops policy, manages programmes and provides research to strengthen Australia’s tourism industry and to grow Australia’s tourism market share.
- Delivers Australian consular, passport and other government services in designated overseas locations.
Membership Level: Associate