SENT TO MEMBERS ON FRIDAY 3 APRIL 3.34PM
EMPLOYER ADVICE FOR FNPF’S COVID-19 UNEMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE
Employers are requested to provide the following information to FNPF’s email address: email@example.com
- Registered Business/Employer name
- Trading name (if different from registered business name)
- Employer (FNPF) Reference number
This will allow FNPF to confirm:
- That you have been making FNPF payments
- your records for the last 3 months
- your number of employees
- your last salary paid
- and employees no longer on your payroll
FHTA is also providing our membership list with verified contact details to FNPF to assist in the identification of your business as a bonafide tourism operator, in the hope that this will hasten the process for you and your staff.
Your staff are entitled to COVID-19 unemployment assistance which includes employees under reduced working hours; been sent on leave without pay; reduced wage rate; or permanently laid off.
You must assist employees with completing the forms and gather the following requirements:
- one of the approved photo ID (TIN Card, Voter registration Card, Passport Page with photo ID and Drivers License);
- valid bank statement;
- registered SIM under employee if opting for M-PAISA payment option.
If employees are unable to collect the forms from you in person you can either disseminate the relevant forms by email or they can access the forms in the following ways:
- in person collection from a Post Office or District Officer
- download the form from the FNPF website
When your staff have filled in the forms and provided the requirements, they must be able to send it to you via:
- Scanning the documents and emailing to you; or
- Taking a photo of the documents and sending the images to you via Viber, Facebook Messenger or Whatsapp; or
- Dropping the documents in person with you
For more details on how to fill forms (Employers & Employees) – click HERE
You are then to upload the completed documents through the employer portal HERE
Suva members, please note the same arrangement implemented for the Lautoka COVID-19 lockdown zone now applied to FNPF working members in the Suva-Nausori corridor. The Fund will publicise the list of companies for these newly identified areas from early next week.
And forms will be uploaded on the Fund’s website www.myfnpf.com.fj and also made available at the Fiji Post Office and district offices.
For members who are presently unemployed, they can apply through the Fund’s normal Unemployment Assistance, which will require them to submit their application within six months from being terminated or laid off.
FHTA recommends that Employers do all possible to assist employees – both current and past – to access their FNPF and assist them with their eligibility. These guidelines are provided to assist Employers to do this. FNPF have noted their preference to conduct all assessments electronically through the portals they have made available now. If this is not possible for any reason, then please call or visit your nearest FNPF Office.
—————————— —————————— ——
The FHTA Secretariat is now working remotely due to the Suva City lockdown, so we will only be available on email firstname.lastname@example.org or the contact details below: