2018 FHTA LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
7 August @ 8:00 am - 10 August @ 5:00 pmFJ$1,800
Fiji Hotel and Tourism Association (FHTA) is once again offering members the opportunity to enrol their managers in the dual module Leadership Development Program (LDP) that will take place in Suva and Nadi in 2018. These will be the 4th and 5th iterations of the LDP. Dates for the modules are listed below.
The very highly rated LDP comprises two intensive modules, each a four-day program where participants explore their strengths and development needs as managers and leaders, assess their effectiveness and consider new approaches in leading and managing teams, while learning to adopt a more strategic approach in their business roles. The LDP utilises adult learning principles and requires commitment and immersion in the two-module program on the part of participants and their sponsoring organisations. Participants take part in self-assessments, group and team activities, and deal with a range of scenarios and develop action plans to transfer learning.
Module 2 takes place approximately 3 months after the first module and builds on the work undertaken in Module 1 where each participant will have identified a project in agreement with their employer that will be refined and presented during Module 2 as part of expected learning outcomes for them to implement upon their return to their workplaces.
- Understand the context and factors impacting the tourism industry
- Enhance strategic perspective and need for innovative thinking
- Explore the role of tourism sector managers in delivering effective service
- Augment managerial and personal leadership skills of participants
Develop better self-awareness of personal strengths and weaknesses for career development
- Improve ability to supervise, teach and counsel staff more effectively
- Understand the techniques of managing performance including giving and receiving feedback professionally
- Have an improved understanding of team-working, diversity, and collaborative skills
- Enhance the ability to manage conflict constructively
- Enhance business planning and financial management skills
- Improve personal productivity and resilience
- Enhance oral and written presentation skills
- Apply learned skills through a business project.
Managers who have been identified as having the potential to take on more senior management responsibilities in the future or those in roles who have not had this development opportunity previously.
SAMPLE OF COMMENTS FROM PREVIOUS FHTA PARTICIPANTS
- It was very relevant to my role
- Materials provided were clear and very meaningful
- All was good and we appreciate Dr Jag’s time, effort and patience to make us all understand better with real life examples
- I could easily relate to the case studies and notes provided
- Everyone who attended the course felt very empowered
- Would not ask for a better facilitator who is so knowledgeable and passionate about what he teaches
- The program was awesome
- I found this to be the best training session I have ever attended. Literally fell in love with the teaching methods
- The workshop was very helpful and productive for me
- The program was excellent in every way and should be made compulsory for all senior staff in the industry
- The program delivery was more than excellent with exciting and energising methods
- Very well structured, relevant and thoroughly enjoyable program
LDP PROGRAM DATES*
Module 1: 7th – 10th August 2018
Module 2: 13th – 16th November 2018
Venue: FEFHA Boardroom, Employers Hub
Module 1: 14th – 17th August 2018
Module 2: 20th – 23rd November 2018
Venue: Tanoa International Hotel, Nadi
*Registrations for both sessions must be submitted by Friday, 13 July 2018
Program Cost: $1,800 (for both Modules)
This training Course is Grant Claimable.
For further queries and information, please contact Alvina Narayan on email@example.com or call 3302980.